[PLUG] uploading through wan

Mandar Vaze mandarvaze at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:58:41 IST 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:44 PM, sunil varpe <varpesunils at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi arun and all
>                   I am regularly updating files in my office webserver
> using SSH. Our  webserver has Redhat enterprise server  edition. We are
> using apache webserver. Mysql database for the same. Main problem is that I
> can upload the file through LAN pc only and I can’t upload file  through wan
> network ( means out of office lan network). So. How can I do that from my
> home pc. Which setting in apache configuration I should do.because it is set
> for loaclhost only
> Thanking You
> Sunil

It is not clear what is meant by upload ? Are you using "scp" to upload
files from LAN ?

Is the machine accessible from outside via SSH ?
Have you tried "scp" from outside,
can you "reach" the machine, or is it authentication error ?
What error do you get when you try to "upload" the files from WAN ?

It is likely that only HTTP port is opened in the firewall for external
access, in which case the changes should be done to the firewall and NOT
apache configuration

-Mandar
http://desipenguin.com/techblog