[PLUG] Cannot run c-icap server after installation

murtuja bharmal murtuja_bharmal at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 15:51:58 IST 2009

--- On Thu, 6/8/09, harshal kshatriya <harshalkshatriya at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: harshal kshatriya <harshalkshatriya at gmail.com>
> Subject: [PLUG] Cannot run c-icap server after installation
> To: plug-mail at plug.org.in
> Date: Thursday, 6 August, 2009, 10:08 AM
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've installed c-icap on my fedora 9 virtual machine
> without clamAV. The
> problem I'm facing is that when I execute the command, this
> is what I
> get---------------
>
> [root at localhost etc]# /usr/local/c-icap/bin/c-icap
> /usr/local/c-icap/bin/c-icap: error while loading shared
> libraries:
> libicapapi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> This same error occurs for /usr/local/c-icap/bin/c-icap
> --help
>
> Regards,
> Harshal.

How you are compiling and installing icap in your machine?
probably when you compile source code it should me libicapapi on your local lib directory, and while you install it will copy it to /usr/local/lib, if not.

type this command

ldd /usr/local/c-icap/bin/c-icap

It will list all the require library for c-icap with full path.
check the path where it is looking for libicapapi.so.

then copy libicapapi.so from your source directory to path mention in ldd command.

Cheers
murtuja bharmal
website: http://null.co.in

      Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/