[PLUG] help for setup of virtual machine

mihir tailor tailor.mihir at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 20:34:59 IST 2009

Hi PLUG members !
One of my friends has recently started classes for teaching C.
He has a pretty decent rig and now he wants to use that pc
for setting up a lab for his students to practice C programs on.
he is on a very tight budget and cannot afford to setup multiple pcs, so
he know wants to know whether he can use Virtualization on fedora 11
and setup multiple systems using KVM.

His Configuration is as follows :
AMD Athlon 64 x2 64 bit Dual Core Processor @ 2.6 GHz
2.00 Gb RAM (1.87 Gb usable due to onboard graphics card.)
160Gb Sata Hdd + 80 Gb Pata Hdd.

The System is currently running Windows 7 and Fedora 11.
My question is is it possible to setup such a system ? Please help.

Mihir
“When you say, ‘I wrote a program that crashed Windows,’
people just stare at you blankly and say, ‘Hey, I got those with the system,
for free.’ - Linus Torvalds