[PLUG] Fwd: [india-gii] Microsoft taking over Maharashtra's future

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 09:46:12 IST 2009

Hi,

> MS to build IT skills in Maha schools

This is nothing new. The teachers are being trained and re-trained with almost no output out of it.

It all started years ago with Intel "Teach to the Future" program. Teachers were taught how to use Word, Powerpoint and some other programs, to create school reports help students in creating newsletters etc. Also, an important module was on copyrights.

Then we have MS-CIT [1] which was/is again compulsory for all teachers as well as state government employees. Again this involved Windows, Office etc. and had a computer based test.

This latest thing I guess will be similar. Mostly it is useless. Instead of focusing on teachers(who are usually over burdened among other things) maybe the effort can be spent on teaching children. My 2 annas.

-Devendra.

[1] http://www.mkcl.org/mscit/

<snip>