[PLUG] :!

Manas Alekar maalekar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:53:38 IST 2009

> I am working on Hadoop! I have setup a cluster of few machines. Now with
> the
> usage of Hadoop, I am developing a file system(distributed). For this data
> transfer, i want to use SCTp protocol. So, how to approach and what are the
> pre-requisites.?

Are you using Hadoop? Or are you developing Hadoop? If you are implementing
this filesystem using Hadoop, the question that comes to mind is why not
HDFS?

That said, there is no easy access to SOCK_RAW from Java. So if you are
planning
on going the Java way on top of Hadoop, user space implementations of
network
protocols might be impossible. I am sure you are aware that you might get
better
help if you give folks a little more detail.

Manas