[PLUG] [OT]: MSRTC Volvo online reservation

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 27 10:37:14 IST 2009

Folks,

I travel from Pune to Mumbai and back regularly. I don't reserve tickets usually, but I thought of doing so this time.

I booked my tickets through the MSRTC Volvo online reservation center at Parihar Chowk, Aundh.

To my surprise, I was in for a shock. They were using Mozilla Firefox as the browser and the application was made in PHP. Wow! I was initially assuming that the Firefox was used on Windows, but when I went close, I realized, it was Fedora Linux. Wow! Amazing

Superb! I'm so happy to see something like this!

Have you had any such experiences in the past? Is MSRTC using Linux distros at all its booking centers?

--
http://www.gnu.org.in

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/