[PLUG] Whose BUG is it?

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Tue Dec 1 11:17:20 IST 2009

2009/11/25 शंतनू <shantanoo at gmail.com>:
> On 25-Nov-2009, at 10:53 AM, म.हा.सा.ग.र wrote:

>>> AFAIR, normal text mode doesn't support unicode rendering. Maybe you need to use VESA graphics mode (?) to see the unicode character set. IMO, its not a bug.
>>
>> Incorrect answer.  Setting graphics mode VESA does apply it to the
>> messages post lilo prompt, not when lilo menu displays.
>>
>> Please correct if this is incorrect.  tried playing vith all vga modes
>> for past 44 minutes before retiring into this reply post
>>

> Useful links:
> [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/338337/
> [2] http://grub.enbug.org/gfxterm
>
> The gfxterm link, [2], would be helpful. Did you tried that? I don't have access to grub 2 to try it out. Please share your experience...+ve/-ve whatever it is.

</SenseOfHUMour>
Sure, i would love to.. (once the accidental feature gets accepted as
a bug, will prioritize regression testing it :-)

Right now i am hanging on to the *minute* hand of the walled clock
while *hours* go by!
<SenseOfHUMour>

that day accidentally deleted gfxterm from /boot partition where it
was already residing, so now have to start all over again...
waiting for more system related bugs to show up so that maintenance
can be scheduled!  :-)
--
१. Stupid question always warrants a stupid answer!
२. No question is ever stupid!