[PLUG] Some sites which simply don't show on my Ubuntu desktop

आदित्य लघाटे laghatea at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 08:33:13 IST 2009

2009/12/9 Manish <prolist at gmx.net>

> I am generally happy with my switch to Ubuntu few months ago. But I am
> quite annoyed with few issues that I am not able to resolve.
>
> I am not able to open few sites, typically Wordpress blogs, ICICI
> websites, and many https websites. I can open them without any problem
> on my Vista laptop working on same broadband connection. Does anyone
> know why this happens, and moreover how can it be fixed?

Funny, I have never had a problem with the above mentioned sites for over 2
- 3 years on various versions of Ubuntu.
As of now, I am using ubuntu 9.10 and still have never faced this problem.
Ofcourse I use FireFox as my web browser.

Which browser do you use?

The other minor annoyances include frequent garbling of screen that
> forces me to either restart or if I am lucky, I manager to log-off and
> then log-in to see that stuff. Typically it messes up system bar on top
> and status bar at the bottom.

Never have I faced such a problem!

Can you give us details of the hardware you use?

--
Ships are safe in the harbour
But that is not what ships are built for