[PLUG] Problem with Dual Boot...

vaibhav vaibhav.khante at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:08:16 IST 2009

 Hi Mandar,
                   Thanks for suggestion... I was able to mount my windows
partitions. pls look at content of Boot.ini file below..
[boot loader]
timeout=10
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
Professional" /fastdetect
Pls check wetherany changes has to made..

---Regards,
    Vaibhav
 (sorry to resend the msg in this format as it was rejected twice due to
oversize..)

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:21 AM, vaibhav <vaibhav.khante at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>                 I'm new to Linux. I installed Fedora core 10 on my Pentium
> machine which was already having Windows XP. While booting the grub screen
> pops and when selected for windows option, it gives windows selection
> screen

This seems appropriate since you also seem to have windows bootloader with
more than one entry

(as i was having two o/s installed, both WinXp) and selecting any one give
> blank screen.. i tried with safe mode.. still same...

This could be windows problem. Grub seems to have handed over the control to
Windows Bootloader.
It is not clear if you are able to boot inti "any" OS at this point.
One of the options is to boot using (some) liveCD and inspect C:\boot.ini
Typically this is where Windows bootloader configuration is stored.
This could be starting point to resolve windows boot related problem.

 —

Mandar D Vaze