[PLUG] Shriek Noise in Ubuntu Intrepid

Prasenjit Giri tangyorangesour at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 20:21:31 IST 2009

I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10. kernel 2.6.27-11 on TP r51.

The problem started when I was playing a movie from my external WD, somehow
the wire got loose, and after that no sound in Ubuntu.
I tried checking the volumes, and alsa-mixer but of no avail.

But what's interesting is it gives a very high intensity shriek noise when I
bring my hand/fingers in front of the speakers. Beats me as to what is
wrong, before I'm forced to reinstall linux is there any way I could find
out what seems to be the root of the problem?

Thank you.

--
Prasenjit Giri