[PLUG] Time to downgrade?

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Wed Jan 7 15:07:26 IST 2009

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 13:15:10 म.हा.सा.ग.र wrote:
> > I have some large folders and past 6 years of history. kmail in kde 4.1.3
> > works just fine. No problem there.(But I have a laptop with 2GB RAM but
> > 512MB should be sufficient any day).
>
> maybe memory then, because my folders are also 5 -6 years of messages in
> them.. --

Check the memory usage of the kmail process while it is consuming lots of CPU.
It could be something else. What is the CPU state of the process? It could be
iowait i.e. waiting for pages etc.

Also check the memory status. Does the harddisk start thrashing when kmail is
slow. Are you running low on swap as well?
--
 Shridhar