[PLUG] Time to downgrade?

Pranav Peshwe pranavpeshwe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 12:52:25 IST 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 7:59 PM, म.हा.सा.ग.र <o.s.h.o at guruvision.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> >> I am also wondering if this has got anything to do with *TSC clock
> >> source unstable*  message that i am getting for last few days...
> >> which maybe related to cmos battery?  But can that battery cause a
> >> problem when i am on M.S.E.D.C.L supply ?
> >
> > Once the machine is booted, cmos battery doesn't come into play AFAIK.
> Its
> > main job is to keep the clock running while the machine is off. When the
> > machine is running linux, the OS keeps updating the time.
>

> http://step2k.blogsome.com/2007/12/13/clock-in-a-linux-guest-runs-more-slowly-or-quickly-than-real-time/
>
> this is an interesting post on TSC matter... and i am wondering about it
> now...

Hi,
    Did you try passing 'notsc' to the kernel at boot ?
I *guess* the problem might be that, your processor is throttling frequency
transparently to the kernel. Another suggestion would  be to try disabling
frequency scaling related modules/services.

HTH...

Best regards,
Pranav
http://pranavsbrain.peshwe.com