[PLUG] [Dev] Adding BSNL EVDO detection to NetworkManager

Chetan S cshring at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:24:54 IST 2009

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Vishal Rao <vishalrao at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Chetan S <cshring at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This neat file resides under
>>> /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-modem.fdi   for Ubuntu
>>> Intrepid.
>
> Great stuff!
>
> IINM the hal folks might accept your patch for that fdi file?

Finally the patch has been accepted !    Check  out below :

[ snip ]
On Freitag, 19. Dezember 2008, Chetan S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please review and add the following vendor id and product id
> string for  ZTE AC 8700 usb modem provided by BSNL isp in India.

Thanks for the report. I've commited a fixed version of you patch to git.

Danny
[/snip]

If anyone wants to add auto-detection for their devices into hal , I'd
suggest taking a dip into hal-info.  Its really simple. I can help you
out too.

regards,