[PLUG] Problem: No sound on Intel HDA in Fedora 11

Ameya Rahane ichbinfes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 22:12:23 IST 2009

I have an Intel 945GM chipset motherboard on my Laptop and am using
Fedora 11 x86 installed from the DVD I got at the F11 release party.
Running alsactl init shows the following output:
Unknown hardware: "HDA-Intel" "Conexant CX20551 (Waikiki)"
"HDA:14f15047,103c30a5,00100000" "0x103c" "0x30a5"
Hardware is initialized using a guess method

I cannot hear any sound in VLC. I've tried using ALSA and PulseAudio
both but still no sound. I turned up the volume to 400% in VLC, and
100% in volume control. I've even tried using alsamixer -c0 and set
the Master and PCM levels to 100%. Despite all this, it is not
working.

Any help in solving this issue highly appreciated.
Cheers
Ameya R

--
Techies N' Trekkies (http://techiesntrekkies.blogspot.com)