[PLUG] Touchpad from Elantech not working on ubuntu 9

Devendra Laulkar devendra at swargalok.net
Thu Jul 23 15:26:40 IST 2009

Hi,

> My touchpad is not working on the laptoop. I am new to linux.

Maybe you can try switching back to Ubuntu 8.10. Has it stopped working
only on Ubuntu 9.04 ?

Bit of a rant -
For some reason, overall 9.04 has caused me a lot of headache. Things
just used to work under Ubuntu 8.10
I did a fresh install to Kubuntu 9.04, but it was way to slow. Kubuntu
also fried a Nvidia graphics card.
It installed correctly, and when I booted up, it was recommending a
proprietary driver for Nvidia. The moment I installed the driver, it
fried the card.
Problems with networkmanager. There is a bug in the Intel's graphics
card driver, which make Xorg consume way too much CPU (and hence drains
the battery on my laptop)

Overall, 9.04 has been problematic enough for me to switch back to
trusty old 8.10

-Devendra Laulkar.

<snip>