[PLUG] Internet in Linux

Rajiv Gore rajiv at wsieng.com
Mon Jun 1 12:03:15 IST 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009 11:26, Suraj Swami wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Linux. I have installed Red Hat on my system. Internet has
> stopped working on Linux operating system  which was working earlier.
>
> My computer  is connected to LAN network which is connected to internet. I
> am able to see other computers in my network. Hence it is assured that it
> is well into the network.
> The same PC is able to connect to internet when it is in windows operating
> system. Hence this assures that there is no problem in the hard-ware.
>

> Note: The internet was working earlier. But now it has stopped working.
>
> Please suggest me some possible solutions.
>

> Regards,
> Suraj Swami,
> suraj.g.swami at gmail.com
Suraj
I am not sure how to set this in RedHat but Here is how I set it in Suse 11.0
1)Open Yast and lan connection properties for your NIC
2)Provide DNS IP address . (You can obtain  this from properties set in other
windows machine's browser)
3)Provide Gateway address most probably 192.168.1.1(Plese verify for your net
work)
4)Provide Netmask address 255.255.255.0 (Plese verify for your net work)
Thats it.
HTH

--
Rajiv Gore