[PLUG] Need help for our school

Manjusha Joshi manjusha.joshi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:33:32 IST 2009

Hello,

>  We have been running our two school labs on MS Server. But we wish to
> convert to Linux.
>
>  We will have one lab with a Linux File server (and domain server?) with up
> to 50 PCs on Linux.
>  Applications will be Open Office, Blue J, C++ and whatever else available
> to teach children from Std 8 to 10
>
>  In the other lab we want to have a Linux server with up to 40 Thin Clents.
> Applications for Jr Children. They learn typing, word perocessing, LOGO
> programming and we should be teaching animation etc. for small children from
> 3rd to 7th.
>
>  Any one out there available to help in setting up the labs and suggesting
> software and even the Linux server software?
>
>  We will also like to convert nearly all the workstations to Linux. We will
> need help with everything!!! including some handholding with stuff like Open
> Office and other softwarte that we are happily using today on Microsoft!

In addition  to that you can use linux based software  `Dr Geo' for Geometry
for  school kids. There are plenty of open source educational software which
works on linux. Use of Freeduc CD will be good start.

 http://www.schoolforge.net/education-software/educational

Here are some school level educational software.

Best wishes,

--
Manjusha Joshi