[PLUG] command line http authentication

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Sun Mar 8 08:32:18 IST 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009 00:32:37 Pradeep Dalvi wrote:
> You are probably looking for the script below.
> 1. Open the login page in browser
> 2. View the page source
> 3. Find out form tag
> 4. Check for input fields
> 5. Get the form action url
> 6. Fill in all <> fields below
> 7. Add the script into crontab with some interval

You sure all that is required?

> P.S. Sometimes the input fields are combined/manipulated using
> Javascript and then submitted to login URL. So find out final fields
> to be submitted & the final URL.
> Please remember that you are trying simulate what browser does!

True and that includes only one thing and that is posting a correct http
request to a correct address. It may or may not include loading the login
page.

I recommend capturing packets to that server, find out what request is being
sent and use some library/short program to replicate it.

It could not work that simply, if each login page has random field names(to
make sure one visits the login page), has a random cookie or some other kind
of handshake.

I doubt such complexities will be involved though.
--
 Shridhar