[PLUG] OT: How many of you are programmers?

G Karunakar indlinux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:47:51 IST 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:18 AM, Arindam <arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar
> <sudhanwa.com at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Let me summarise and hopefully close this thread.
>
> Sorry to drag this. Along with the following summary, it would have
> really helped if you had summarized PLUG's contribution to Open Source
> Software (as in maintainers of packages, software whose development /
> documentation had contributions from PLUG, etc.) - that being the true
> litmus test of a community, and of which there is surely no dearth in
> PLUG (even if it has been an aspect always underplayed by the humble
> folks).

As individual PLUG members I guess there are many who have
"contributed" to FOSS.

As a user group PLUG has done ample enough to spread FOSS
* regular meetings
* conducting/participating in events
* Selling FOSS CDs/DVDs (with many people all round the country
ordering) - this is activity is as part of PLUG society.

a more exhaustive list here
http://plug.org.in/activities.php

Unfortunately advocacy/promotion/general help  has been lost from the
"contribution to FOSS" list since recent past! So its not a compulsion
on PLUG to "contribute" as much as its not a requirement for you to be
a contributor if using FOSS.

Regards,
Karunakar