[PLUG] OT: How many of you are programmers?

Aditya Godbole aag.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:56:36 IST 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:47 AM, G Karunakar <indlinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately advocacy/promotion/general help  has been lost from the
> "contribution to FOSS" list since recent past! So its not a compulsion
> on PLUG to "contribute" as much as its not a requirement for you to be
> a contributor if using FOSS.

I've rarely seen so much controversy over a single word :) I don't
think anything has been lost from any list. Let's not use someone
else's definitions. We have known all along what contribution means.
We have known all along what the spirit of a contributor is. So lets
just keep doing things in a manner that makes sense to us. If we start
subscribing to other people's dictionaries, very soon we are going to
find out that we have changed the meaning of FOSS itself.

-aditya