[PLUG] Suggest a webhost for database centric webpage

Mithun Shitole mithunit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 20:30:54 IST 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Shridhar Daithankar <
ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 April 2010 17:36:18 Tarun Dua wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Mithun Shitole <mithunit at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >    I want to host a website in which its database can grow over years
> > > GBs ( 2-3 GB). I don't require bigger file storage capacity (100 MB is
> > > enough) and yes I need php - mysql :). Can you suggest some good linux
> > > webhost (US based) for the purpose upon your personal experience Or at
> > > lease point me to some authoritative resources to look for!
> >
> > Just curious why a US based host is your traffic coming from US or India.
>
> Its cheaper. Compare a dreamhost plan with any indian hosting and you will
> see.
>
> I would like to host in india too, but its just not cheap enough.
> --
> Regards
>  Shridhar

My traffic will come from US, so i need a US based ( servers in US).
And yes, US hosts are cheaper than India, as bandwidth is much expensive in
India.
Also I don't know any webhost from India whose servers are actually located
in india itself :)
(Except vsnl, but its very expensive )

--
Mithun