[PLUG] Free ONLINE Drupal Training commencing August 10, 2010

Sidharth Kshatriya learndrupal at noparrots.com
Mon Aug 2 00:35:30 IST 2010

NoParrots.com free Drupal trainings have been so far restricted to Delhi
NCR, India. They have been a great success. Our meetup group at
http://drupal-delhi.noparrots.com is already 100+ members large and we have
had 6 meetups so far. During these 6 meetings we have introduced Drupal
fundamentals. Its been a fun and humbling experience to have so many of you
come to my training center in Gurgaon every Sunday afternoon and listen to
me teach you a little bit of Drupal

But I've received calls and emails from people all the way from Kerala and
Bangalore to know if I offer online training. Starting from today, the
answer is "Yes!"

I'm happy to announce that starting from August 10th, 2010 (Tuesday) we'll
have free ONLINE Drupal training. Every week I intend to teach Drupal
fundamentals from 9 pm - 11 pm (Indian Standard Time). We'll try to keep it
on Tuesdays. For details please keep visiting http://www.noparrots.com and
http://drupal-delhi.noparrots.com

*If you have a broadband internet connection and an internet browser you
should be able to listen to my lectures and see me share my computer screen
as I demonstrate how to build websites in Drupal.*

As usual, I'll try to keep each session as independent as possible to the
previous one. You don't need any special programming knowledge to understand
Drupal.

*How can you join Free Online Drupal Training?*

   - Register yourself at http://drupal-delhi.noparrots.com
   - Say that you will be joining a particular meeting by RSVPing "Yes" on
   the meeting date
   - At the meeting time, join us at
https://my.dimdim.com/learn_drupal(note that the URL https and not
http)

*What is Drupal?*

Drupal is a CMS (Content Management System), similar to Wordpress or Joomla
that allows you to rapidly build sophisticated and great looking websites.
The US President's website http://www.whitehouse.gov is a great example of a
website made in Drupal. Drupal itself is built on the PHP language (like
Facebook).

*Questions?
*
Visit www.noparrots.com or email me at learndrupal[at]noparrots[dot]com