[PLUG] Hotplug support for USB in Ubantu on Power PC based target board

amit apte amitapte2010 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 10:41:23 IST 2010

Dear All,

I have recently joined this group and working on integration of  HOTPLUG
support for USB(i.e. detection of pen drive )  in UBANTU Linux on PowerPC
based Target board.

I have already downloaded Kernel : 2.6.34 from kernel.org

I am new in Linux and done some study on (
http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net.), But (except
Page* these links,all other links are not opening on this page)

1.    In downloaded kernel  I have not found  kernel source code in
/usr/source ,where to get it

2.    How do I integrate hotplug support for USB ? (I know kernel must have
configured for Hotplug support )

3.    In RFS what are changes I have to do w.r.t. hotplug support for
PowerPC based Target board

Your support is most valuable for me, requesting please guide me or give any

Thanks and Regards,

Ajit Apte