[PLUG] Good folder syncronization utility

Rahul Tidke rahul at excelize.com
Wed Feb 10 17:47:48 IST 2010

>> Hi ,

>> I need to syncronize my folders on my ubuntu box with a remote server, so
that I can access these from any location.  I can only access that server
through ftp.
>> Please suggest if anyone has experience using such utility.

>> Thanks
>> Regards
>> Kapil

I use rsync to sync with my ftp server using a cron job, If your ftp service
is hosted on a linux server and if it offers shell login (SSH) with RSA/DSA
public key authentication, then you can configure your local and remote
servers for password less key authentication and then you can schedule a
simple rsync cron job to sync the data. You can refer following URL:

OpenSSH Key Management:
1) http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-keyc.html
2) http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-keyc2/
3) http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-keyc3/