[PLUG] RHCE training

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:10:30 IST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM, mmlabeeb <mm.labeeb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Plug!
>
> Which is the best place/institution for RHCE training in Pune?
> Any suggestions?

Unless you are in a rush to get certified, I would suggest the best
place for training is on your computer with a CentOS installation
(equivalent to RHEL) and practice, practice, practice ....

All of the RHEL documents are valid/applicable to CentOS.

Additionally, join the CentOS mail list if you decide to adopt the
above methodology.

The RHCE certification is decent but the training institutes have
turned the whole thing into "cracking the exam" shindig; defeating the
original purpose which is competency in administering a RHEL system.

Over the past 2 years I have interviewed several RHCE's.  RHCE
candidates with 90% and 80% have failed to answer more than 15/45
questions correctly in our internal quiz (based on RH033 and
networking basics).  IMO they all turned out to be paper tigers.

So the choice is yours - do you want to be a competent admin or be a
paper tiger :D

-- Arun Khan