[PLUG] Suggestion or Ideas for including LINUX based event(competition) for a College EVENT

Sugandha Naolekar sugandha.n87 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:05:40 IST 2010

Yeah! Dat sounds interesting! Infact, even I thought that rather than
arrangin aome kind of competitions and all, better we should let them know
how to install softwares in linux, how different are the extensions of the
softwares here, how to untar tar files, and installation of rpm's and
all...small things.! We can make them realize the power of VMBox, and how we
can figit with the system files, iptables and security wise how things are
different by assigning  root privileges!

To make it short, we should make them give a feel of linux world by these
all small things and make them familiar!

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Rohit Karajgi <rohit.karajgi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Do a Linux Install Camp. Choose Gentoo as the Distro to install, in the
> least time. This will help them get a transparent
> understanding of the Linux OS.
>
> -Rohit
> (Ex-MIT).
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Abhishek Sharma
> <emote2abhishek at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi Friends,
> >
> >  Like all Engineering Colleges in PUNE, MIT PUNE, too, has a yearly
> > computer
> > event called "INTEXICATION".
> >
> >  This year we are planning to include a LINUX based event as a part of
> > that.
> > AIM- To spread LINUX awareness + get various students in various college
> > interact (come together) for LINUX.
> > ( The Linux exposure in Colleges is less but although there are a few
> > people
> > work independently in their own ways. We just plan to bring them under
> one
> > roof.)
> >
> >  If anyone could suggest any "ideas" or "thoughts" over what this LINUX
> > event could be.(There are many events like C prog Competition, JAVA etc,
> or
> > quizes)
> >  We need to have something similar in context to LINUX or maybe someone
> > could suggest even better.
> >
> >  I would appreciate suggestions and ideas from all.
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >  Abhishek
> >

> > ---THINK FREE,THINK OPEN SOURCE---

Regards!