[PLUG] About GSoC

Dipen dipench at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 08:59:30 IST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Ratnadeep <ratnadeepdeshmane at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am final year engineering student and this year i want to participate for
> Google Summer of Code.  Regarding this I need help for things like -
>
> - Selection of organization and project.
> - Regarding application form such that there will be more chances for
> getting selected.
>
> Is there any expert or mentor worked with GSoC or any past GSoC student in
> Pune who can guide for GSoC.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Ratnadeep Deshmane.
> http://rtdp.blogspot.com

Ok My emails have been bouncing off coz of top posting  -
http://idallen.com/topposting.html So here are my 3 e mails ...

Hi Ratnadeep,

 If you are interested in web programming and CMS's I would suggest you take
a look at drupal and their ecosystem for GSOC. Every year drupal gets around
20-23 students approved by google to work on drupal, which is at par or i
think even better than most of the popular open source projects. For example
mysql got some 3-5 students approved only, google has some long standing
relationship with drupal world and that can be seen when drupal gets so many
students approved.

You need to decide whats your passion when it comes to open source and what
kind of OSS project you wanna contribute to. If you decide to look at drupal
as an option and have skills there, i would be happy to help with your
application and I think I will also apply to be a mentor this year.

All the best
Dipen