[PLUG] [plug] Foss

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 21:18:30 IST 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Abhijit Bhopatkar
<bain at devslashzero.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 Feb 2010 11:15:47 pm jayant ogale wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:39:35 +0530
>> From: Vipul Amler <vipulnsward at gmail.com>
>> Hi all,i am from PICT,my college authorities have shown keen interest
>> for doing sumthng towards foss,for pune&beyond,funds no bar.so any1
>> interestd,may share your strangest ideas,or join d pilot later.wil
>> keep you'l informed bout d progres.
>> Cheers,
>> --
>
>> hi,
>> can you please write your mails in plain english language?
>> IT student is expected to know the importance of correct [programming]
>> language. jayant
>
> I second that, your concept of 1337 5P34K could be a lot different than my leet
> speak different than l33t sp34k.
> Last thing we need is one more interoperatbility beast.
>
> BAIN
>
> PS: Risking a flame war, i disagree with the facts pointed out about IT
> industry. You don't need correct english, you need understandable _simple_
> english.

Fair enough and I agree but the *scary* part is that a whole
generation of SMS speak is coming into the work force and their
dialect is creeping into business correspondence - to their managers
and associates.  Many cannot write a full coherent sentence; makes one
wonder how/what do they write in their exam papers :)

-- Arun Khan