[PLUG] [OT] Re: Government Sponsored Vendor lock

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Tue Jul 27 07:52:14 IST 2010

On Tuesday 27 July 2010 00:46:39 शंतनू wrote:
> On Monday 26 July 2010 10:24 AM, Mithun Shitole wrote:
> >     Engineering, Diploma etc. admissions processes are online. The
> >
> > website for it is dte.org.in . Unfortunately Technical board doesn't
> > seems to care about users who don't use IE. When you go to
> > http://www.dte.org.in/FE2010/StaticPages/Default.aspx , this is what
> > it says: "Sorry, this Application is Supported only on IE6, IE7 & IE8" .
> > Same applies when Diploma admission link is visited. I think this is
> > clear case of vendor locking. Is there any way to protest?

> http://dte.org.in/feedback/feedback.asp
> http://dte.org.in/contact/contact.asp
>
> Did you try to send feedback/email using above links? If no, the first
> step would be sending email and sending feedback as well.
>
> I also stumbled upon http://dte.org.in/rdte/index.asp

additionally the website works with user agent spoofing so there nothing IE
specific really. You may want to add that in the feedback.

Also to complete the process it goes to
http://mkcl.biz/fe2010/StaticPages/Default.aspx. which again has the identical
screen. So I believe this site and services are provided by mkcl to DTE and
mkcl is the correct entity to protest to.

Since mkcl provides web development services to lots of government
organizations, this will have wider impact.

and the second link works with user agent spoofing too.
--
Regards
 Shridhar