[PLUG] Fedora 12 with tata broadband

Pranav Peshwe pranavpeshwe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 18:07:45 IST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Shrikant Gmail <shrikant.navelkar at gmail.com
> wrote:

> # telnet google.com 80
>
>> Trying 209.85.231.104...
>>> Connected to google.com.
>>> Escape character is '^]'.
>>>

>> Try 'wget google.com' and post the output.
>> If wget goes through and your browser does not then, it is a browser
>> issue.
>>
>> Did you try any other browser ?
>>

> # wget google.com
>
> --2010-03-03 22:12:16--  http://google.com/
> Resolving google.com... 209.85.231.104
> Connecting to google.com|209.85.231.104|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
> Location: http://www.google.com/ [following]
>
> I also tried chrome. Same issue.

Since wget got the 301 reply therefore we cannot say that your gateway does
not allow HTML to pass through. However, wget could not reach the index.html
file, so i guess no more HTML flowed through the link.

Can you try these two commands -

wget ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/COPYING
wget http://kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/COPYING

Both commands try to get a 35kb text file. First one does over ftp, the
second one over http. If the first one works but the second one doesn't then
we have narrowed down the problem to http. Try using another operating
system with the same connection. If you have no other OS installed, try
using any live CD.
Try disabling firewall on your machine and router.

HTH.

- P