[PLUG] An error on HP- DL 380 with RHEL 5.2

DEV debanjanb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 18:31:01 IST 2010

Hi Friends,

I am having a HP server model DL 380 with RHEL 5.2

I have instance of SVN server running on this machine.

Recently, on each I/O operation I am getting the following error messages on
the console-

<<--
Buffer I/O error on device cciss/c0d0p3, Logical block 12699699

cciss: cmd ffff880074980000 has check condition byete 2 =0x3
aborting journal on device cciss/c0d0p5 Journal commit I/O error
ext3_abort called
ext3-fs error (device cciss/c0d0p5):ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected aborted
journal
Remounting filesystem read only
-->>

I have spoken to HP guys about this error. They asked me to upgrade the
ROMBIOS, Firmware. Even after upgrading thse the issue remains.

Can anyone help me on this?

PS: It is a bit urgent.

Thanks in advance.
--