[PLUG] [fsug-goa] (OT) Computer system from Pune launched in CEBIT !! Runs FOSS!!

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Sun Mar 7 14:30:21 IST 2010

On 03/07/2010 02:19 PM, Raseel Bhagat wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:26 AM, steve<steve at lonetwin.net>  wrote:
>
> But the real question is what do you feel about the device, discounting the
> person demoing it.

I mentioned it in my mail. I think the hardware is impressive however, it is
trying to be everything while at the same time being promoted as an application
specific device rather than a general purpose netbook replacement (or at least
that's the impression i get from the buzz surrounding it). Ultimately, the cost
of the device shall finally decide its success.

Like I also mentioned in my mail, I think it might go the simputer[1] way (ie:
might not make the impact it ideally should), but then again, I've also been
known to be wrong ;-)

regards,
- steve
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simputer