[PLUG] Yum & RPM commands getting hanged.

aakreet40-plug at yahoo.com aakreet40-plug at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 17:09:16 IST 2010

Hi,
Distribution-> RHEL 5.1 Kernel: 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5xen
The yum & rpm commands were running properly in my virtual machine.
Virtual machine's kernel:2.6.18-53.el5xen & OS: RHEL 5.1

Suddenly; the yum command is getting hanged. Output of ps shows that it is in 'S' state.
This command is not responding to Ctrl+C action.. It has to be killed using signal 15.

Similary; rpm command is too geting hanged. Output of ps shows that it is in 'S' state.
This command responds to Ctrl+C action.

Please suggest me the methods to troubleshoot this problem.

Yours,
Ameya Sathe