[PLUG] accounting and excise billing on Linux

Navin Kabra navin.kabra at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 10:14:28 IST 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Chetan Kumar <chetanku at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Navin Kabra <navin.kabra at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > About a month back, I had posted information about a Pune-based business
> who
> > was interested in experimenting with open-source Tally replacements.
>
> Just checked the archives, could not find anything. Will be
> interesting to see the information.

Shri Khanapurkar (cc-ed here) runs AutoVega, a Pune-based car-cleaning
business (they come to your house and clean your car completely, inside and
out). He is planning on a franchise model, and as the business expands, he's
worried about how the costs of using Tally will add up. He is open to trying
out open-source software (like GNUKhata), but would like to have someone in
Pune who is willing to customize and support the software. (I think people
on this list will also be probably convince him to go for a SaaS/hosted
solution, but that's speculation).

He doesn't mind paying for customizations and/or support service, but would
prefer someone from Pune to do it...

However, considering that he is not at all in the software business, it is
unlikely the he'll be interested in something that is at a concept or very
early stage. I was under the impression that GNUKhata is "ready" and is
already being used by a few enterprises, that is why I had suggested
GNUKhata.

navin.

navin.