[PLUG] Upgrading Comments

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Thu May 6 15:56:26 IST 2010

2010/5/4 म.हा.सा.ग.र <o.s.h.o at guruvision.com>:
> 3-4 hours of downloading 1700 packages, about 30-40 minutes of
> installing all of them and restarting....
>
> Now I am onto Kubuntu 10.04
>
> Almost event less with about 20 mouse click for entire upgrade
>
> Only!!! gripe is *Wireless connection did not start right away... for
> some reason wire had to be put in for wireless to start working :-)
> after putting in the wire, it picked up wireless and wired both.
> Whatever that means... पँछ है क्या? ...तो काम करूंगा। types*

This process is still not clean which could be experienced by not
being able to remove a single offending package from either packagekit
or synaptic.  It could not remove the package because the status was
not clear and fixing the broken packages is not happening smoothly

There are so many irritants for me on kubuntu that I am switching this
lappy back  to Mandriva at earliest..

Though I am reverting to Mandriva I liked the slickness of upgrade
process (no matter how much garbage has been piled under the hood in
form of brocken packages) :-)