[PLUG] Need Linux for Lenovo 3000 G430

Arun Tomar tomar.arun at gmail.com
Mon May 24 15:09:56 IST 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 2:15 PM, aniruddh katkar
<katkar.aniruddh at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Guys,
> I'm currently facing problem with my Lenovo 3000 G430 4152 because i wish
> install Linux on it but dont know which Linux will enable all devices of my
> laptop i've already tried debian lenny but it doesn't contain all drivers
> as
> packages especially the wireless and bluetooth and camera plus i've to
> press
> fn+f8 on every boot to enable my touchpad I'll be very thankfull if
> somebody
> know and willing to tell solution for the problem...
> Thanks In Advance
> Aniruddh

Hi!
Aniruddh.

well you should use ubuntu lucid i.e 10.04. the lenovo 3000 series that we
got has broadcom wifi and there drivers are available in the repo or the
dvd. fn+f8 thing is a pain, i know, but can't help it, even we've not got a
solution for that since a long time. one more thing, fn+some key combo
generally activates the wireless, so be careful, as it'll not work on linux.
you need to install windows, install the lenovo driver from their cd, then
only you can activate the wireless card. once it's activated, then you can
install ubuntu without any problem. Feel free to mail me, if you face any
further problem.

--
Regards,
Arun Tomar