[PLUG] ITR e-filing on Linux

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Sat May 29 11:53:07 IST 2010

On 05/27/2010 06:49 PM, Mayuresh wrote:
> Income tax department provides MS Excel based software (Excel sheets) for
> preparing income tax returns on this page:
> https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/individual_huf.do
> They state MS Excel as a system requirement for using this.
> If anyone has tried/succeeded in e-filing returns using this software on
> Linux (using Openoffice / otherwise) please do post your experience.

This issue is brought up every year on almost many Indian foss mailing lists.
Last year someone did something about it:

I don't know yet if the IT-R form is the same this year too, but in any case,
methinks publishing and popularizing this effort would be a nice thing.

- steve

random spiel: http://lonetwin.net/
what i'm stumbling into: http://lonetwin.stumbleupon.com/