[PLUG] [OT] Getting wireless data plan w/o having to buy modem

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sat Sep 25 22:52:42 IST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 10:15:47PM +0530, Vikas Damodar Garud wrote:
> (http://www.bsnl.in/faq/faqans.php?paramCategory=3G%20Mobile%20Services)
> FAQ No. 31:
>
> 34

Thanks a lot for this. I also found that their tariff page clearly shows
some freebies IF you buy modem from them.

> "Which particular BSNL office is aware of this information?" is BIG
> question!

I'll perhaps take these pages to them and try now. (Going by interactions
till now, they simply turn deaf ear if you site anything from their
website to the CSC staff.) (They strongly believe you are either silly or
nearly illiterate when you want a data plan without modem!)

May be contacting some senior officials is needed. But wonder where such
species are to be found in this kind of organizations...

Wish the private players gear up fast and provide options soon. Nothing
seems likely till early 2011.