[PLUG] Problem with Shorewall Firewall

Arun Tomar tomar.arun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:51:07 IST 2011

On 04/19/11 20:22, saket gaikwad wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I am facing some issue due to Shorewall firewall. It's unable to filter the
> local IP address of network.
> Whenever I used my VOIP  on Xlite softphone my VOIP service provider can see my
> local ip address instead of Public IP address.
> I am just wondering why this is happening.
>
> If someone having any idea please suggest.
>
> Regards,
> saket Gaikwad

Hi Saket,

Couple of queries before answering your question:
1. Is your nat working properly?
2. is your voip server is inhouse or all your clients xlite phones
directly connect to the service provider outside?
3. If you could briefly describe your network architecture, we could be
able to help you out.

We don't work on shorewall, but we have expertise on Linux and iptables
and we are managing a call center on running on linux with out own voip
servers.

Regards,
Arun.