[PLUG] Can not use the wireless network in Fedora 15

Chaitany Kulkarni shreeseva.it at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 22:24:53 IST 2011

The out put of ifup:
ifup wlan0

Determining IP information for wlan0... failed; no link present.  Check
cable?

I have installed rfkill and unblocked all interfaces. now rfkill list shows
1: ideapad_wlan: Wireless LAN
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: no
2: ideapad_bluetooth: Bluetooth
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: no
3: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
    Soft blocked: yes
    Hard blocked: no
4: phy0: Wireless LAN
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: yes
9: hci0: Bluetooth
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: no

now dmesg output have a last line like
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready

Now iwconfig shows
iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

p8p1      no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=17 dBm
          Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:on

vboxnet0  no wireless extensions.

virbr0    no wireless extensions.

ppp0      no wireless extensions.

It seems that it is trying to enable wlan0 but doesn't  succeed.
I have already turned on the wireless on another laptop. But still it
doesn't make any progress

Thanks,
Chaitany Kulkarni

--
Copyright. All rights are reserved for any object, text, ideas, images and
any other things.