[PLUG] [Event Report] Foresight Institute, Pune, December 3, 2011, India

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 13:33:41 IST 2011

Hi,

I had conducted a one-day introductory workshop [1] on Fedora at
Foresight Institute of Management and Research [2] [3], affiliated to
University of Pune, Maharashtra, India on Saturday, December 3, 2011.

I started the day's proceedings with an introduction to free/open
source software. Most of the students who participated were studying
towards their bachelor's programme in computer applications (BCA), and
were familiar with C, C++ and Java development. I gave a demo of the
Fedora desktop, and also showed them the plethora of software that
they can use.

I also introduced them to revision control with examples on using git.
I also addressed the various communication tools that we use, the
basic communication guidelines, and the Fedora sub-projects that they
can participate in.

During the post-lunch session, I explained to them about copyright,
trademarks, and licensing, and how to use them. I explained the basic
concepts in installation, and gave them a demo of installation of
Fedora. I have given them CD/DVD images of both Fedora 15 and 16.

Thanks to Antriksh Shah for working with me for a month in organizing
this workshop.

SK

[1] Audience. http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/2011/foresight-2011/1-audience.JPG

[2] Foresight Institute of Management and Research.
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/2011/foresight-2011/2-foresight.JPG

[3] Foresight Institute. http://www.foresightedu.com/

--
Shakthi Kannan