[PLUG] Chrome share grows

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Fri Dec 16 13:48:02 IST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:23:02AM +0530, Arun Khan wrote:
> Which version are you using?
$ rpm -q -f `which google-chrome`
google-chrome-stable-7.0.517.44-64615.i386

Crashes occasionally. Some of the past versions were not crashing. So it's
a general stability issue.

> > Besides, plugins/addons need to grow and match firefox.
>
> It's PDF (native) and Flash (meets majority of my need) is very stable
> in above version.

Certain addons I can't work without are: vimperator, iMacros, tabmixplus,
may be a few others. vimperator is not yet there and iMacros doesn't work
so great on chrome.

I have seen chrome's speed to be good. Only if stability and above addons
can come I'd use it more regularly.

Mayuresh.