[PLUG] [Event Report] Tux workshop, MindSpark 2011, CoEP, Pune, India

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:06:04 IST 2011

Hi,

I had conducted an introductory session on Fedora as part of the Tux
workshop [1], MindSpark 2011 at College of Engineering, Pune [2],
Maharashtra, India on Tuesday, December 27, 2011.

There were hundred participants distributed between the morning and
repeat sessions in the afternoon. I explained about hardware
architecture, system boot sequence, and discussed basic installation
concepts to the participants. I then gave a demo of installing Fedora
using Virtual Machine Manager. I showed them the plethora of F/OSS
software that they can use, and also discussed about Fedora
sub-projects, and basic project/communication guidelines. I have given
them F16 ISO DVD images.

Thanks to Sanket Mehta for working with me for a month in organizing
this workshop.

Few photos taken at the event are available in my gallery [3].

SK

[1] Tux workshop. http://mind-spark.org/tux.php

[2] College of Engineering, Pune. http://www.coep.org.in/

[3] Photos. http://www.shakthimaan.com/Mambo/gallery/album74