[PLUG] Bash 'trap' command doesnt execute on SIGUSR1

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Wed Feb 9 17:46:17 IST 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 1:31 AM, Manas Alekar <manas_alekar at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> In the following bash code snippet; my main aim is to throw a string
>>'Unhandled exception occurred' using trap command.
>
> Trap is a mechanism for signal handling. You cannot do exception handling with
> trap.  Reading: man 7 signal.
>
> Manas

If I am correct that is only "part"ly true.

in phraseology of computing and hardware... trap is associated with
highest priority non maskable interrupt...

but that again may be a "part" truth :-)

--
९. Stupid question always warrants a stupid answer!
२. Why question the answer, unless question itself is the answer ?