[PLUG] ARM cross-compiling issues

Chaitannya Mahatme chaitannya at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 14:59:15 IST 2011

>> I have only used the Keil compiler for arm development before. Now I
>> am trying to use the arm-gcc.
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B36jlLaq9jMFMzMwMWQ5YTctZTk0YS00ZDdmLTgzMGYtYmY0ZjJiYWNkZWE3&hl=en_GB&authkey=CMvi2JgJ
>>
>> I can't make head or tail of the error
>> messages thrown by the redhat cross-compiler. Please help me debug.
>>

> Well i can't really make educated comments about this error so  i won't
> :( sorry
>
> But there is one suggestion in codesourcery toolchain errors
>
> The missing symbols should be defined in -lgcc so just try adding the falg.
>

>> Also I want to cross compile the Linux Kernel for ARM. I downloaded
>> the source from kernel.org (2.6.36).
>>
>> i did the following changes
>> ARCH?=arm
>> CROSS_COMPILE   ?= armv5tel-redhat-linux-gnueabi-
>>
>> I got this error while compiling the kernel for ARM after running make
>> with only these modifications in the Makefile
>>

> You should try getting your arm kernels from arm.linux.co.uk instead.
>
> Also if you are going to try to run the blink led from linux the above
> code won't work at all.
>
> Abhijit
>

> ------------------------------
>
> __________________________________
> Pune GNU/Linux Users Group Mailing
>
> End of plug-mail Digest, Vol 60, Issue 13

We have this Group Embedded Nirvana. We know that this is the kind of
problem everyone faces. There are lot of issues you might come across
because you are not using compatible versions of the tools.
So we came together and created a Vmware fedora image.

This Image has

   1. Cross compiler
   2. Linux kernel
   3. Qemu Virtualization env for Arm 9 Arch.

Plus a few extra tools.
We have compiled everything from source and there is a script which does
all this stuff from scratch (Right form downloading the sources )

In case you want the DVD it's at COEP embedded systems lab, contact
Suchakra for that. We meet there every sat between 10.30 - 12.30

--
Cheers !!!
Chaitannya

follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/chaitannya

I believe there's a hero in all of us
who keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally
allows us to die with pride,
even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we
want the most... even our dreams.
- Spider Man 2