[PLUG] Tata Indicom Photon+ configuration (Olive V-ME101)

Arindam Mukherjee arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 19:01:19 IST 2011

>> I am trying to configure Tata Indicom Photon+ mobile broadband with
>> Olive V-ME101 USB modem that the vendor provided to me. It is
>> officially supported on Linux. My Distro is OpenSuSE 11.1.
>>
>> Hi Arindam,
>
> Were you able to get your Tata Photon plus to work on Linux?
>
> I too have not been able to get it to work on Ubuntu 10.10 as well as 9.04.
> Posting detailed error messages in a separate post.
>
> Sorry for being off-topic but what sort of speeds do you get on your device?
> At an average I get about 256 Kbps, max around 512 Kbps, and at times
> especially evenings and night, as low as 2 Kbps.

Short answer - did not get it to work yet.

I am yet to move to Kubuntu, ran into some trouble recompiling the
kernel and did not have the time to go back to it. I have a spare
desktop where I can try it but am unable to move around too much
because I have a fractured ankle :(.

On speeds, I am not too impressed. First half of the day I get better
speeds but with a tendency to fluctuate. Evenings are unusable. I am
planning to disconnect.

Cheers,
Arindam