[PLUG] Tata Indicom Photon+ configuration (Olive V-ME101)

Shyamgopal Kundapurkar kundapurkar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 20:42:03 IST 2011

viral/arindam,

1) people who know me, usually call me shyam.
2) dmesg does not use /proc or /sys
3) usb-devices, lsusb and usb_modeswitch all need to use libusb and
libusb-compat. to the best of my knowledge, neither libusb nor libusb-compat
can still use sysfs. both are on usbfs. if i am wrong, can you please tell
me which version of libusb and libusb-compat can plug into sysfs ? the
hierarchy of usb device info nodes under /sys and /proc are entirely
different. so even "bind"ing /sys/bus/usb to /proc/bus/usb wont do :(
4) the sysad at draisberghof has identified the usb controller chip
(atheros????) used by tata photon+ (qualcomm 201e/2009) to be same as some
earlier "heir" device marketed in europe and suggested a file under
/etc/usb_modeswitch.d/ to be renamed as 201e:2009. the question was posted
from pune. was it you arindam ? please check the following link --->
http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?t=579&sid=9131409bea04ced85f4e85447332366f

thanks and cheers guys !