[PLUG] WindowXp PHP MySQL Connectivity Problem

pankaj at glug4muz.org pankaj at glug4muz.org
Thu Jan 20 00:46:25 IST 2011

Hi all,
 On one of my Windows XP system I am unable to connect to mysql from php
script. I am able to login to mysql server from the command line as well
as mysql console provided by WAMP 2.0 but from php script mysql_connect()
function is always failing. I have tested WAMP 2.0 and three versions of
EasyPHP but in each case I am facing the same problem. Even phpMyAdmin is
not being starting on this system. I have also followed the steps
mentioned on the page
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Error2003-CantConnectToMySQLServer but of no
use. Can any one give me clue for reason behind this type of problem?

Best Regards ...
Pankaj Kumar