[PLUG] Acer laptop MoBo crash; rtcwake?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Fri Jul 1 20:45:44 IST 2011

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 08:38:35PM +0530, Arun Khan wrote:
> > I have no way to confirm that rtcwake could cause any such damage, though
> > I can say that was the only thing I did different before the crash.
>
> I don't think this was the cause - a coincidence perhaps.

May be. Only other thing that led to spotting this correlation is, when I
had used pm-hibernate on yet another laptop its filesystem was found
corrupted immediately on restart. Could be yet another coincidence
though...

> > Can anyone comment on the above / suggest ways to recover?
>
> Backup your data while it is still booting over the network.

No network is not working either. Otherwise I could have put it into some
use somehow. But backup is no problem as I had already backed it up before
leaving i.e. before the crash.

Mayuresh.