[PLUG] Kohacon Registration page - Co-presenter anybody?

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:25:11 IST 2011

Greetings,

Please note that there are participants from at least 14 countries
apart from India that too within few weeks of announcement.

http://kohacon11.vpmthane.org/ocs/index.php/k/k11/schedConf/registration

Surely the students and practiioners too will gain a lot.

I am planning to experiment and present CentOS as a robust High
Availability Platform for Applications like KOHA/DRUPAL etc. I don't
know what I will Land up with though over the course of time.

Some of the question I am looking at in a practical viewpoint of an
Application and IT infrastructure Architect are:

1. We need to look at lifetime of the application like KOHA - perhaps
10 year in the timeline of a library?
2. Is the quick changing Fedora/Ubuntu stand the trial?
3. What is the interaction between DSpace etc?
4. Can they both be running in HA peacefully?
5. etc.

If so please reply on this list.

I must declare that I am not going to invest INR(Money) in this. I
can't afford HA hardware at this point of time.

Would anybody like to join me in presenting a paper or experimenting?

Perhaps two different department can jointly decide to own one server
each and bring it together for HA demo teaching purposes and then use
it later individually or using the HA setup for themselves and to
educate next gen of the students.

Regards,

Rajagopal